cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: sendmail
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:49:14 GMT
On 23.Apr.2002 -- 08:30 AM, Derek Hohls wrote:
> Any idea why SendMailTransformer is NOT in the binary??
> Are there problems with it, or is it just the lack of documentation??

I reckon it's because you need javamail and jaf for it which is not
part of j2se (at least for 1.3.1). (Well, this goes for sendmail.xsl
-- but I reckon it holds for the SendMailTransformer as well).

Anyway, to use sendmail.xsl you need to include the logicsheet in your
cocoon.xconf, have the aforementioned packages from Sun and

  <xsp:page language="java"
	xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
	xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"
	xmlns:sendmail="http://apache.org/cocoon/sendmail/1.0"

	<page>

	<xsp:logic>
	  String text =
"Hi,\n"+
"this mail has been send through a web form ...\n";
	</xsp:logic>

	<sendmail:send-mail>
	  <sendmail:from>your@mail.address</sendmail:from>
	  <sendmail:to>some@other.address</sendmail:to>
	  <sendmail:subject>subject</sendmail:subject>
	  <sendmail:smtphost>mail.your.domain</sendmail:smtphost>
	  <sendmail:body><xsp:expr>text</xsp:expr></sendmail:body>
	</sendmail:send-mail>

Unfortunately, some had problems using sendmail.xsl -- me too :-|
There has been a patch posted on this list a couple of days ago. I
have modified it a bit and will commit it right now. So, check out CVS
in a couple of minutes.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l