cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewar <mi...@nag.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with 'large' STATIC pdf files
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:26:15 GMT
Hi,

I've just downloaded the sources and read the "todo.xml" file which
says:

  <action context="code" assigned-to="open">
   Allow a Reader to give the content length to pipelines. This will
   allow to correctly serve static PDFs (well-known IE+Acrobat bug)
   without requiring to buffer the whole file in memory to know its
   content length.
  </action>

Leaving aside the fact that it has nothing to do with IE+Acrobat per se,
this would suggest that Cocoon is fundamentally broken here and that
readers are not in fact safe to use.  I was planning to use Apache to
serve everything which isn't generated on-the-fly directly, but will
check out your suggestion of defining a tomcat context.

Cheers,
	Mike.