cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Matthieu Sozeau <mat...@netcourrier.com>
Subject I18n and Cocoon2
Date Sat, 06 Apr 2002 09:10:25 GMT
I've got some questions/feature requests for the i18n transformer:

1) When I have large chunks of data containing markup (say <href...) i want to translate,
must I divide each fragment of text with keys? If I use params, i can't use markup either,
since it looks like they are not directly put in place of {*} "anchors":

Source:
-<i:translate>
	 <i:text i:key="songs_ogg"> These files are {0} encoded, a format similar to the mp3
but which is totally free (source code, algorithms...) and more powerful. If u use windows
and {1} you may whish to download the {2}. Under linux, it's commonly installed with {3} or
{4}. </i:text>

-<i:param>
	 <href url="http://www.vorbis.com"label="oggVorbis"vers="_new"/>
 </i:param>
-<i:param>
 	<href url="http://www.winamp.com"label="winamp"vers="_new"/>
 </i:param>
-<i:param>
	 <href url="./progs/Nullsoft_Vorbis_Decoder.exe"label="plugin"/>
 </i:param>
-<i:param>
 	<href url="http://www.xmms.org"vers="_blank"label="XMMS"/>
 </i:param>
-<i:param>
	 <href url="http://www.freeamp.org"vers="_blank"label="FreeAmp"/>
 </i:param>
 </i:translate>

Pipeline:

<map:match pattern="*.html">
	<map:generate src="pages/index.xml"/>
	<map:transform src="stylesheets/view.xsl">
	  <map:parameter name="view" value="pages/{1}.xml"/>
	</map:transform>
<map:transform type="cinclude"/>
<map:transform type="i18n"/>

	Translates <href to <a href...
<map:transform src="stylesheets/index.xsl"/>
<map:serialize type="xhtml"/>
</map:match>

Output:
-<p>
 <a title=""href="http://www.vorbis.com">oggVorbis</a>
 <a title=""href="http://www.winamp.com">winamp</a>
 <a title=""href="/files/Nullsoft_Vorbis_Decoder.exe">plugin</a>
 <a title=""href="http://www.xmms.org">XMMS</a>
 <a title=""href="http://www.freeamp.org">FreeAmp</a>
These files are null encoded, a format similar to the mp3 but which is totally free (source
code, algorithms...) and more powerful. If u use windows and null you may whish to download
the null. Under linux, its commonly installed with {3} or {4}.

2)Is there any way for doing in-place translations like:
	<i18n:translate type="inplace">
		<en>Hello</en>
		<fr>Bonjour</fr>
	</i18n:translate>

thus overriding catalogues?

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero." - Steven Wright