cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jerzy Kut" <jer...@rzeszow.tiger.com.pl>
Subject db dml & dcl operations in cocoon
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:57:52 GMT
Hi!
I need to do INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE operations after submit my form.
I have got defined my XSP logicsheet as my own taglib. It has appropriate
operations using ESQL i.e.

 <!--
    - delete graduation data from database
    - input parameters:
    - * id - id of graduation (number)
   -->
 <xsl:template match="myapp:delete-graduation">

  <graduations>

   <esql:connection>
    <esql:pool>mypool</esql:pool>
    <esql:execute-query>
     <esql:query>
      delete from SALGRADE
      where GRADE = <xsp-request:get-parameter name="id"/>
     </esql:query>
     <esql:error-results>
      <graduation-error>
       <esql:get-message/>
      </graduation-error>
     </esql:error-results>
    </esql:execute-query>
   </esql:connection>

  </graduations>

 </xsl:template>

it is registered in cocoon.xconf.
I want to use XSP generator to insert my data passed by URL and generate
error (if any). In this case I need to generate response with error, but
otherwise I want to make redirection to another pipe. How to get
<graduation-error> tag from response?
Is it good way to do what I need? Maybe it is simplest to do it by Actions?
But how to get DBConnection from my "mypool" pool?

Help please.

Regards

Jerzy Kut