cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sharat Koya <sxk...@Cs.Nott.AC.UK>
Subject Logicsheet Woes with Esql and XSP Logic
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 21:59:05 GMT
Hi help on this problem would be much appreciated since I have been stuck
with it for a few days of coding.
I have a logicsheet that runs mysql statments and returns values from the
database.

In my logic (in the file using the logic sheet) I have the statment that
trys to assign a value from the database. I have tested my logicsheet on its
own and it works fine, however Cocoon returns the error below when I try to
assign the value to a java variable. can anyone help?

thanks

Sharat Koya

Calling code
mercurySun = <eclipse-data:get-planet-data data="sundist" name="Mercury"/>;
--------------
Error:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
register_xsp:
Line 1652, column 4:  illegal start of expression
Line 0, column 0:
1 error
--------------
This is the segment of code where the error occurs:

line 1652:
  mercurySun =
    if (_esql_connection != null)
 {_esql_connections.push(_esql_connection);

 }
    _esql_connection = new EsqlConnectionCocoon2();
   try {
    try {
            _esql_connection.datasource = (DataSourceComponent)
_esql_selector.select(String.valueOf( "" + (database) ));
            _esql_connection.connection =
_esql_connection.datasource.getConnection();
          } catch (Exception _esql_exception_N10170) {
            getLogger().error("Could not get the
datasource",_esql_exception_N10170);
            throw new RuntimeException("Could not get the datasource
"+_esql_exception_N10170);
          }