cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volker Schneider" <volker.schnei...@danet.de>
Subject RE: i18n problem
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:03:42 GMT
Hi Kurt,

sorry, I forgot something. If you want to switch the languages (I think you
do so) you have to provide the "locale" parameter with your request like
this:

http://..../Cocoon/test?locale=en

I think, you don't need the LocaleAction for your pipeline... - very strange
... (I succeeded without using it).

Regards,
- Volker -

-----Original Message-----
From: Hahn Kurt (CHA) [mailto:kurt.hahn@etat.ge.ch]
Sent: Montag, 15. April 2002 12:05
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: i18n problem

I'm trying to reproduce the i18n sample in my application, and can't get it
to work. I think I missed one step during setup, maybe someone can help:

1. I created a folder "translations", with the files messages.xml and
messages_en.xml (this way I didn't have to change the entry in the main
Cocoon sitemap)
2. I added a line :	<i18n:text>Hello</i18n:text>  to my .xml-file I want
to display, this text should be resolved in my messages.xml file, which
contains: 	<entry>
		<key>Hello</key>
		<translation lang="en">Hello,
internationalization!</translation>
		<translation lang="fr">Bonjour,
internationalization!</translation>
		<translation lang="de">Herzlich willkommen,
Internationalisierung!</translation>
	</entry>.
3. The match in my sitemap goes like this:
					<map:generate src="enter.xml"/>
				<map:transform type="i18n"/>
				<map:transform
src="Stylesheets/choices.xsl"/>
				<map:serialize type="html"/>

This gives me as result the line "untranslated-text". I tried to add
parameters to add to "transform type...", as in the documentation:
	<map:transform type="i18n">
	<parameter name="available_lang_1" value="en"/>
    <parameter name="available_lang_2" value="fr"/>
	</map:transform>

 but this gave a me general sitemap error (Cocoon wouldn't start up
anymore).

Any ideas?