cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Zack Angelo" <z...@nostromocorp.com>
Subject C2 + MacOS X + MySQL
Date Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:26:45 GMT
Hey, I suppose I should take a brief moment to introduce myself. I'm
Zack Angelo from New Orleans.<phew> there, did it ;)

Anyway, I've perused the digest in hopes of finding a solution to my
problem, but to my disappointment, didn't find anything.

>From what I can see, a lot of people have been having problems with my
configuration. It seems that mine are a bit different though. I've
checked the logs and the stack traces, and it appears to be loading the
driver (org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver) successfully.  It then goes on to
execute my ESQL XSP code and falls on its face with a SQLException (not
an access denied one) and some weird problems with the String class not
having a method. I was hoping someone could give me some insight as to
what is going on, because I'm completely stumped. Here's a copy of the
exception:

ERROR   (2002-04-30) 15:49.15:424
[access](/cocoon/malin/voicemail/web/getmessages)
HttpProcessor[8080][4]/CocoonServlet: Problem with servlet
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
getmessages_xsp:
Line 397, column 58:  method valueOf() not found in class
java.lang.String
Line 508, column 82:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must
be caught or declared to be thrown
Line 535, column 82:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must
be caught or declared to be thrown
Line 562, column 84:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must
be caught or declared to be thrown
Line 613, column 51:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must
be caught or declared to be thrown
Line 622, column 27:  unreported exception: java.sql.SQLException; must
be caught or declared to be thrown
Line 0, column 0:
6 errors

Later,