cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sharatk...@gmx.co.uk
Subject RE: Logicsheet Woes with Esql and XSP Logic
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 01:21:18 GMT
Ah cunning.
Thanks
Sharat koya

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
Sent: Saturday, 06 April 2002 20:30
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Logicsheet Woes with Esql and XSP Logic

On 06.Apr.2002 -- 07:04 PM, Sharat Koya wrote:
> [...]
name="Mercury"/>
> expands as follows:
> connect to the database using esql and return the value as a double.

Yep, this translates to the code above. Don't forget that in the end,
*all* logicsheets are translated to java. Somewhere the connection has
to be obtained. Obviously, you can't do that in the middle of an
assignment.

> All the function does is return the value from the database without
any
> surronding tags.
>
> Since I first posted this message I changed the function so that
instead of
> assigning mercurySun (java double variable) as follows:
> mercurySun = <eclipse-data:get-planet-data data="sundist"
name="Mercury"/>;

> I now have:
> <eclipse-data:get-planet-data data="sundist" name="Mercury"
> variable="mercurySun"/>
> where the function in the logicsheet assigns assigns the value. This
works
> fine, I'm still not that advanced in using Cocoon and so cannot
workout why
> I can't assign the value in the calling XSP file rather than the
logicsheet.

see above.

> If you can it would be aprreciated. It is a bit annoying to do the
above but
> it has shortend my code by quite a considerable amount compared to
entering
> a multitude of esql commands and logic.

you could

  <eclipse-data:connect>
     <xsp:logic>
         mercurySun = <eclipse-data:get-planet-data ...../>;
     </xsp:logic>
  </eclipse-data:connect>

with <eclipse-date:connect/> translating to
<esql:connect><esql:execute-query><esql:query>...

HTH

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l