cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject RE: Where is <META> tag coming from?
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 07:31:04 GMT
Konstantin

Thanks - this works fine when the JavaScript is included in
the XSL file - does not work when the JS is a separate,
linked file, tho'.

Derek

>>> KPiroumian@flagship.ru 22/03/2002 04:26:19 >>>
> From: MJ Ray [mailto:markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk]
>
> Derek Hohls wrote:
> >         write('<html>');
> >         write('<head>');
> > in the XSL file, and causing it to become:
>
> I think it's because cocoon sees the tags, not the context.
> Rather, to
> cocoon, the tags are the context and the rest is just so much
> content.
> Probably a good thing generally, but it's hurting you here.
>
> Have you tried write('<'+'head>');?   Not sure if that will
> work as a quick
> fix, or whether this mysterious <'+'head> tag will cause trouble.
You
> probably want your Javascript in a different file anyway, though.

The problem must be somewhere in the serialization part. A better way
of
using a JavaScript in XSL stylesheet is to wrap it as CDATA:
<DEFANGED_script>
<![CDATA[
// your script here
]]>