cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: cocoon with mysql
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 06:20:48 GMT
Olivier

First, have a look at the tutorial:
http://www.cocooncenter.org/cc/documents/resources/db-app/index.html

There is much in there that applies to ALL databases.   Changes are:

1. setup the driver in web.xml:

  <init-param>
    <param-name>load-class</param-name>
    <param-value>
      <!-- For mySQL -->
      org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
    </param-value>
  </init-param>

2. set the connection info in cocoon.xconf.

   <jdbc name="my_connection">
     <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
     <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myDatabaseName</dburl>
     <user>guest</user>
     <password>guest</password>
   </jdbc>

You need to set up one these for each type of connection to a
given database (eg. one for guest, one for user, one for admin);
permissions being set at a database level (see your mySQL docs
for more on access priviledges) depending on user.

'luck
Derek

 (BTW, this shows some of the power of JDBC and Cocoons separation of
concerns;
you can see that only small changes would be needed to connect to the
same database set up on a different platform...!)

>>> Olivier.Guckert@inria.fr 20/03/2002 06:24:25 >>>

Hello

I have cocoon installed on my machine and an acces to a mysql
database.

Can somebody tell me how to make work together ?

Thanks

Olivier