cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cannot get MySQL pool connection
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 14:28:16 GMT
Paul
What can I say?  Maybe to hang in there - I struggled for months
(literally) to try get Cocoon 1.8.2  going with database access - and
it behaved differently on each of 4 different machines (ie a different
thing went wrong on each of them!)  In the end, switching to C2 has
made a big difference, even if I now have to go back and rewrite some
large chunks of previous applications!  (dont ask when *that* is going
happen...)
Derek

>>> paul@mama.stg.brown.edu 01/03/2002 04:19:45 >>>
Thanks Derek, I hadn't tried that particular combination
yet. Unfortunately it made no difference and I still get the same
error message: Cocoon just doesn't see a connection to my database. I
have to say I've wasted so much time trying to get Cocoon to do what
it says it can do that I'm close to abandoning it. But I'm loath to
let the time I *have* put in go to waste, so I'll willingly try any
suggestions that come in today before I adopt another approach on
Monday!

Paul.

--
Paul Caton
Electronic Publications Editor

 e-mail: paul@mail.stg.brown.edu
    tel: (401) 863-3619
address: Box 1841, Brown University, Providence RI 02912