cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brad Cox <b...@virtualschool.edu>
Subject RE: Cocoon and Jetty
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 15:33:36 GMT
At 11:11 AM +0100 3/2/02, giacomo wrote:
>>  After wasting this whole week trying  to get Cocoon out of the box
>>  with not one suggestions from cocoon developers, I'm beginning to get
>>  the message.
>
>Maybe you missed the reply from Vadim. He *is* a cocoon developer.

Then my apologies to Vadim. This was not apparent from his sig.

>Finally my suggestion to you would be try it on another servlet engine
>as my experience is that is usually *does* run out of the box following
>the installation guidlines from the documents.

As I said, the problem is not with Jetty. I've tried it with two
versions of tomcat with similar results to those reported below.

I'm not interested in "taking anything out" on this list. I'm
interested in getting my app on the air, while repaying the help I
did receive (largely) from users with a bread crumb trail to zope,
which  appears to be a superior alternative to cocoon that DOES work
out of the box and does have support from its developers. Bye now.

--
Brad Cox, PhD; bcox@virtualschool.edu 703 361 4751
o For industrial age goods there were checks and credit cards.