cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Leigh Dodds" <ldo...@ingenta.com>
Subject RE: Automatic FAQ
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:23:18 GMT
> I wonder if there is a piece of software that accepts mails as input and
> format them for the web. So I can forward it the best mails of the lists, and browse

> them, as an FAQ.

I agree that this is a good idea, but you can do this in a lot less technical way --
in fact I have been doing it for the XML-DEV mailing list for roughly 2 years now
through the eclectic weblog.

cocoon-users has a mail archive, so the messages are already
formatted for the web and you can point to them. All that's missing
is the editorial process to sift through these messages to get the
real gems.

Why not set up a weblog and start pointing to interesting postings?

I've started collecting a list of 'Cocoon tips' based on this process, but
haven't published them. I just drop the notes into the Wiki page
I run on my laptop.

Cheers,

L.

--
Leigh Dodds, Research Group, Ingenta | "Pluralitas non est ponenda
http://weblogs.userland.com/eclectic |    sine necessitate"