cocoon-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Michael Zehrer" <Zeh...@optimal-systems.de>
Subject AW: AW: cocoon & Websphere 3.55
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:57:22 GMT
Hi Michael.

There are install instructions for Cocoon 1 on the website
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon1/install.html

Do you have all jar files from the Cocoon 2.0.1 install in your
classpath? It looks like you missed some...

Cheers, Michael

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Souillard M Ext DvSI/SICoR
[mailto:externe.souillard@francetelecom.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. März 2002 08:29
An: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: cocoon & Websphere 3.55



I deployed Cocoon 2.0.1 (the war file) within WAS3.55, and added the jar
file in the classpath of my application server containing the cocoon web
application, and I got the same error (errors included bellow)

Any other tip / idea ? ?

Does anybody work with WAS3.5x and Cocoon 1.x ?

Michael.


*** STDERR
Logging Error: Could not set up Cocoon Logger, will use screen instead
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "" not found.
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1219)
 at
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromDocument(
DefaultEntityHandler.java:501)
 at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parseSomeSetup(XMLParser.java:314)
 at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1097)
 at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.bu
ild(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:187)
 at
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.bu
ild(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:166)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:58
3)
 at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:165)
 at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManage
r.java:622)

*** STDOUT
[02.03.25 11:57:56:410 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f ServletHost   A Loading
group: "cocoon"
[02.03.25 11:57:58:103 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f ServletInstan A SRVE0048I:
Loading servlet: "Cocoon2"
[02.03.25 11:57:58:183 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "Cocoon2: init"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:376 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:376   [        ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/LogKitLogger: Logger for category access
not defined in configuration. New Logger created and returned
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:416 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:416   [access  ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: getRealPath for /:
D:\WebSphere\AppServer\hosts\default_host\cocoon\web
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:446 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:446   [access  ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: URL for Root:
file:/D:/WebSphere/AppServer/hosts/default_host/cocoon/web/
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:476 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:476   [access  ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: work-directory was not set -
defaulting to
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\default_host\cocoon\cocoon-files
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:697 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:697   [access  ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: upload-directory was not set
- defaulting to
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\default_host\cocoon\cocoon-files\upload-dir
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:727 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:727   [access  ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: cache-directory was not set
- defaulting to
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\default_host\cocoon\cocoon-files\cache-dir
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:757 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
[Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:757   [access  ]
(Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Using configuration file:
/cocoon.xconf
"
[02.03.25 11:58:00:787 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f ServletInstan X Uncaught
init() exception thrown by servlet {0}: {1}
  "Cocoon2"
  javax.servlet.ServletException
    at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManage
r.java:635)
    at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecyc
leServlet.java:136)
    at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLife
cycleServlet.java:244)
    at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycl
eServlet.java:102)
    at
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.init(ServletManager.java:2
95)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)




Michael Zehrer a écrit :
> 
> Hi Michael,
> 
> with Cocoon 2.0.1+ you can use the import WAR wizard in WAS 3.5.5,
> additonally you only have to put all jar-files in the classpath
argument
> of the application server (-classpath foo.jar;bar.jar etc)
> 
> Then it just works...
> 
> Cheers, Michael
> 
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Souillard M Ext DvSI/SICoR
> [mailto:externe.souillard@francetelecom.com]
> Gesendet: Montag, 25. März 2002 12:59
> An: Cocoon User-List
> Betreff: cocoon & Websphere 3.55
> 
> Hi to all cocoon users,
> 
> I face a big problem with cocoon and Websphere 3.55 since I tried
> several versions of cocoon (1.7.4, 1.8.2, 2.0.1) without success.
> WAS 3.55 is installed on NT SP6a, with IPlanet 4 SP6.
> 
> I describe the different tests I made, in this mail.
> 
> Thanks in advance for any help ...
> 
> Michael.
> 
> *************************************************************
> With Cocoon 1.7.4 :
> ------------------
> - I put the library in my application server classpath
> (xerces_1_0_3.jar, xalan_1_0_1.jar, fop_0_12_1.jar, cocoon.jar)
> - I defined a cocoon servlet in my web application :
>    <servlet name="cocoon" action="update">
>       <description></description>
>       <code>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</code>
>       <init-parameters>
>         <parameter name="properties"
> value="d:\users\prodx\03p\lib\cocoon\1.7.4\cocoon.properties"/>
>       </init-parameters>
>       <load-at-startup>true</load-at-startup>
>       <debug-mode>false</debug-mode>
>       <uri-paths>
>         <uri value="*.xml"/>
>       </uri-paths>
>       <enabled>true</enabled>
>     </servlet>
> - and I got the following error trying to get
> http://localhost/cocoon-samples/hello/hello-page.xml
> ==>
> Cocoon 1.7.4
> Unable to open resource:
> d:\users\prodx\03p\lib\cocoon\1.7.4\cocoon.properties
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:123)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManage
> r.java:622)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecyc
> leServlet.java:136)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLife
> cycleServlet.java:244)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java:102)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.init(ServletManager.java:2
> 95)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> 
> *************************************************************
> With Cocoon 1.8.2 :
> ------------------
> - I put the library in my application server classpath (bsf.jar,
> bsfengines.jar, turbine-pool.jar, xerces_1_2.jar, xalan_1_2_D02.jar,
> fop_0_15_0.jar, tools.jar, cocoon.jar)
> - I defined a cocoon web application and a cocoon servlet in it :
>   <web-application name="cocoon" action="update">
>      <description></description>
> 
>
<document-root>d:\users\prodx\03p\lib\cocoon\1.8.2\samples</document-roo
> t>
>      <classpath>
>        <path value="d:\users\prodx\03p\lib\cocoon\1.8.2\samples"/>
>      </classpath>
>      <error-page></error-page>
>      <session-config>
>        <session-timeout>0</session-timeout>
>      </session-config>
>      <welcome-file-list/>
>      <filter-list/>
>      <group-attributes/>
>      <auto-reload>true</auto-reload>
>      <reload-interval>9</reload-interval>
>      <enabled>true</enabled>
>      <root-uri>host_edeal/cocoon</root-uri>
>      <shared-context>false</shared-context>
> 
> <shared-context-jndi-name>SrdSrvltCtxHome</shared-context-jndi-name>
>      <servlet name="cocoon" action="update">
>        <description></description>
>        <code>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</code>
>        <init-parameters>
>          <parameter name="properties"
> value="d:\users\prodx\03p\lib\cocoon\1.8.2\cocoon.properties"/>
>        </init-parameters>
>        <load-at-startup>true</load-at-startup>
>        <debug-mode>false</debug-mode>
>        <uri-paths>
>          <uri value="/"/>
>        </uri-paths>
>        <enabled>true</enabled>
>      </servlet>
>    </web-application>
> 
> - and I got the following error trying to get
> http://localhost/cocoon/index.xml
> ==>
> Cocoon 1.8.2
> Unable to open resource:
> d:\users\prodx\03p\lib\cocoon\1.8.2\cocoon.properties
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:131)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManage
> r.java:622)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecyc
> leServlet.java:136)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLife
> cycleServlet.java:244)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java:102)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.init(ServletManager.java:2
> 95)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> 
> - I also tried without "properties" param and I got :
> http://localhost/cocoon/index.xml
> ==>
> A recursive error was detected.
> The server cannot use specified error page. Please check the
application
> error-path.
> Original Error:
> Error Message: Server caught unhandled exception from servlet
[cocoon]:
> null
> Error Code: 500
> Target Servlet: cocoon
> Error Stack:
> Root Error-1:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>      at org.apache.cocoon.Utils.getStackTraceAsString(Utils.java:325)
>      at org.apache.cocoon.Frontend.error(Frontend.java:89)
>      at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Cocoon.java:172)
>      at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> 
> *************************************************************
> With Cocoon 2.0.1 :
> ------------------
> - I installed the cocoon.war file in WAS3.55
> - I started the application server and I gpt in the output files
> 
> *** STDOUT :
> [02.03.25 11:57:56:410 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f ServletHost   A Loading
> group: "cocoon"
> [02.03.25 11:57:58:103 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f ServletInstan A SRVE0048I:
> Loading servlet: "Cocoon2"
> [02.03.25 11:57:58:183 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "Cocoon2: init"
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:376 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:376   [        ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/LogKitLogger: Logger for category access
> not defined in configuration. New Logger created and returned
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:416 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:416   [access  ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: getRealPath for /:
> D:\WebSphere\AppServer\hosts\default_host\cocoon\web
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:446 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:446   [access  ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: URL for Root:
> file:/D:/WebSphere/AppServer/hosts/default_host/cocoon/web/
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:476 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:476   [access  ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: work-directory was not set
-
> defaulting to
> d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\default_host\cocoon\cocoon-files
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:697 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:697   [access  ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: upload-directory was not
set
> - defaulting to
>
d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\default_host\cocoon\cocoon-files\upload-dir
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:727 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:727   [access  ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: cache-directory was not
set
> - defaulting to
> d:\WebSphere\AppServer\temp\default_host\cocoon\cocoon-files\cache-dir
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:757 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f WebGroup      A SRVE0091I:
> [Servlet LOG]: "DEBUG   (2002-03-25) 11:58.00:757   [access  ]
> (Unknown-URI) Unknown-thread/CocoonServlet: Using configuration file:
> /cocoon.xconf
> "
> [02.03.25 11:58:00:787 GMT+00:00] d5dc3a6f ServletInstan X Uncaught
> init() exception thrown by servlet {0}: {1}
>                                  "Cocoon2"
>                                  javax.servlet.ServletException
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManage
> r.java:635)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._init(StrictLifecyc
> leServlet.java:136)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.PreInitializedServletState.init(StrictLife
> cycleServlet.java:244)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.init(StrictLifecycl
> eServlet.java:102)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.init(ServletManager.java:2
> 95)
>         at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
> 
> *** STDERR
> Logging Error: Could not set up Cocoon Logger, will use screen instead
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: File "" not found.
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(XMLParser.java:1219)
>         at
>
org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromDocument(
> DefaultEntityHandler.java:501)
>         at
>
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parseSomeSetup(XMLParser.java:314)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1097)
>         at
>
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.bu
> ild(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:187)
>         at
>
org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.DefaultConfigurationBuilder.bu
> ild(DefaultConfigurationBuilder.java:166)
>         at
>
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.initLogger(CocoonServlet.java:58
> 3)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:165)
>         at
>
com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doInit(ServletManage
> r.java:622)
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
> FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>
> 
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please check that your question has not already been answered in the
FAQ before posting. <http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <cocoon-users-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org>
For additional commands, e-mail: <cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>


Mime
View raw message