cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rajput, Ashish S" <ashish.s.raj...@lmco.com>
Subject Help with understanding Cocoon and Java Client
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 18:54:28 GMT

We have a requirement where we have to try to produce a client that will
convert any non-XML data from a database (relational, native XML, or Legacy)
into a standard XML format by way of some schemas.  What is desired is that
the client use data files to control what the display looks like and how it
is mapped to the incoming data.  The "intelligent client" should generate
constructor parameters for various Swing interface components from the
"look-and-feel" configuration files, it should generate instances of Java
classes from the XML data, and provide a Java client interface to the XML
data.

I've started reading a little on Sun's JAXB to accomplish the above.  JAXB
provides an API and tools that automate the mapping between XML documents
and Java objects.  Currently JAXB supports only DTDs, whereas I'd like to
use XSDs.

In short, I should be able to:

	-  generate object trees representing XML data that is validated
against my XSDs by either unmarshalling the data from a document, or
instantiating the classes created.

	-  access and modify the data

	-  marshal the data to new XML documents

	-  utilize Cocoon to dynamically publish XML content to the Swing
client

Thanks for your assistance.

Ashish Rajput