cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Halácsy Péter <halacsy.pe...@axelero.com>
Subject sunsets & parameters
Date Sat, 16 Mar 2002 17:42:44 GMT
Hello,
I already posted my question about sunsets to the list but it's very important for me to understand
sunSpot and I haven't got any response.
My problem is that a sunset can't read the original request because sunSpot generator calls
the sunsets. In a sunset I can read only parameters passed by sunSpot generator (persistent=false&size=max&number=10&customize=false&media=html&visible=true&id=helloworld
) .
I don't understand this function. In a portal server (jetspeed, IBM, Oracle ..) a portlet
has access to the incoming request so it can uses links and forms to interact with user. Without
this feature I can't integrate interactive application to sunSpot based portal since I can't
uses links in sunlets.

(my test application is a helloworld with two links: if you click on frist, you get message
1; if you click on second, you get message 2. I hoped I can use two links
Unfortunatly I can't read the value of incoming message parameter in a sunlet because sunSpot
generator eats it.

please help (on Monday I have a presentation about sunSpot and the managment won't choose
this solution for our project if I can't solve this problem)
peter