cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simeon Walker <sim...@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject map:handle-errors and sub sitemaps
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:54:30 GMT
Hi,
     I am having trouble handling ResourceNotFound errors in my
sub-sitemaps. My main sitemap just deals with aggregation, stylesheet
selection and transformation to html. The sub-sitemaps define
the production xml.

If I request a page that does not exist the top level sitemap
won't handle the error (I think) since there are matches for ** and
**/ which request content from sub-sitemaps. If the requested file
does not exist I can see the exception in the logs but no error
handler is called. I simply get my page/menus etc with blank
content.

I have tried serializing xml from the sub-sitemap error handler
so that the root sitemap could transform this and produce a readable
message. But, I am correct in thinking this is not allowed?

Perhaps I could use the resource-exists action in the sub-sitemaps?
I can't find an example of this anywhere. I can get it to work in
the case where the file exists but what happens when it doesn't?

<map:match pattern="**.xml">
   <map:act type="lang-select">
     <map:act type="resource-exists" url="{../1}_{lang}.xml">
       <map:generate src="{../../1}_{../lang}.xml"/>
     </map:act>
   </map:act>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

In this example, how can I send something else back when the
resource does not exist?

Regards,
Sim

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702