cocoon-users mailing list archives

From morganff2...@netscape.net
Subject Cocoon2 SVG Caching
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:52:48 GMT
I am dynamically creating thumbnailed JPEG images through an XSP --> XSL (which creates
the SVG) --> svg2jpeg serializer pipeline.  However, Cocoon does not cache the generated
images in the filesystem, and since the original images are huge, uncompressed TIFF files,
the transformations take a really long time.  I looked at the src for the SVGSerializer and
noticed that the implementation for the methods generateKey() and generateValidity() are stubbed
out.

Is there any way, then, to make Cocoon cache the generated images? And also, does Cocoon cache
objects such as images and movie files in memory or in the filesystem? I wasn't quite sure
from the documentation in cocoon.xconf.

Thanks.