cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jozsa Kristof <dy...@kami.vein.hu>
Subject Problems with Cacheable
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 21:22:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a custom Generator, which pulls XML data from EJBs. I'd like to make
this generator cacheable, based on the url. I've added the following to my
Generator:

- implemented Cacheable

- wrote generateKey(), which uses HashUtil.hash(URL+parameter1+param2) to generate
the cache key

- wrote generateValidity(), which returns NOPCacheValidity.CACHE_VALIDITY,
for testing purposes (ie. this cache entry will last forever)

Now when I browse the Cocoon-generated pages, I see the cache seem to work
properly, based on the log messages (stores at the first hit, retreives from
cache after); but watching logs on the EJB side meanwhile, I see that
_every_hit_ is still pulled from there, every hit on the website generates
database access, etc.

What does that mean?

Christopher

ps. on Cocoon 2.0.1, JBoss3+Jetty as container, linux x86
--
.Digital.Yearning.for.Networked.Assassination.and.Xenocide