cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "" <michael.eas...@excite.com>
Subject threading (newbie question)
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2002 01:40:06 GMT

Folks,

I'd like to access multiple sources of information simultaneously.

I'm new to Cocoon.  I see two possibilities:

(1) Use map:aggregate to access multiple map:part elements.  This is delightfully granular
but may or may not meet the goal of simultaneous access.  Can threads be used with an individual
map:part?

(2) Define a custom "super" generator that itself spawns multiple threads and collates the
incoming data.  This meets the simulataneous criterion but doesn't seem very granular.  I
think I can see how to specify "source A" versus "source B" to the superGenerator (via actions?)
but how can I use map:aggregate?

Comments? Advice? Alternative approaches?

thanks,
Mike
michael.easter@excite.com

ps. Cocoon is fascinating. Kudos to everyone working on the project, the tutorials (Bonebreaker
rocks!), and the mailing list.

<hr>