cocoon-users mailing list archives

From t...@etria.org
Subject Re: Postgresql JDBC: NoAvailableConnectionException
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:25:40 GMT
Nevermind, it works now.

1- I changed the datasource name (or pool name) to 'gesupply' (the name of
the database) from 'personnel'.  Is this needed normally?

2- (and what, as a newbie, I think really fixed it) I started Tomcat from
the "startup.bat" shortcut instead of starting it from the NT Services
window.  I'm thinking that my changes to the classpath wont take affect in
the Services untill I reboot....<mutter>stupid Windows</mutter>....granted,
I dont know Win nearly as well as I know unix...so maybe I'm missing a
"Reload My Environment" button somewhere.....

Anyways, it works....so thanks to all who considered responding to my
original post...whomever you are...

-Tom

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002, tvon@etria.org wrote:
> Hey all,
>
>   Ok, I'm new at this whole thing, and somewhat new at java as well, so please be patient
with me....

>   Goal:
>
> to get a basic SELECT statement to work on a PostgreSQL database
> with the ESQL example.
>

> Known:
>
> 1- PGSQL server is on 192.168.100.3
> 2- Database is 'gesupply'
> 3- Sample java program using jdbc driver works fine with these settings
> (username/password is correct and double-checked)
> 4- OS = WinNT, Java 1.3.1
> 5- Cocoon runs fine with default setup
>

> Modifications to default Cocoon setup:
>
> 1 - cocoon.xconf: modified the personnel datasource to:
>
> <dburl>jdbc:postgresql://192.168.100.3/gesupply</dburl>
> <user>username</user>
> <password>password</password>
>
> and removed the old entries (username and password are correct)
>
> 2-  WEB-INF/web.xml: modified init-param/load-class (where it loads that
> hash-based sql driver thing) added:
>
> org.postgresql.Driver
>
> and removed the hsql driver (deleted the line, dont recall the exact name)
>
> 3- docs/samples/xsp/esql.xsp: changed <esql:query> and <esql:get-string
> column=""> to values appropriate to the 'gesupply' database.
>

> Results:
>
> ... upon accessing the ESQL sample page, I get this error (shortend since
> it is apparently fairly common):
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoAvailableConnectionException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.