cocoon-users mailing list archives

From t...@etria.org
Subject Postgresql JDBC: NoAvailableConnectionException
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 22:10:38 GMT
Hey all,

  Ok, I'm new at this whole thing, and somewhat new at java as well, so please be patient
with me....

  Goal:

to get a basic SELECT statement to work on a PostgreSQL database
with the ESQL example.

Known:

1- PGSQL server is on 192.168.100.3
2- Database is 'gesupply'
3- Sample java program using jdbc driver works fine with these settings
(username/password is correct and double-checked)
4- OS = WinNT, Java 1.3.1
5- Cocoon runs fine with default setup

Modifications to default Cocoon setup:

1 - cocoon.xconf: modified the personnel datasource to:

<dburl>jdbc:postgresql://192.168.100.3/gesupply</dburl>
<user>username</user>
<password>password</password>

and removed the old entries (username and password are correct)

2-  WEB-INF/web.xml: modified init-param/load-class (where it loads that
hash-based sql driver thing) added:

org.postgresql.Driver

and removed the hsql driver (deleted the line, dont recall the exact name)

3- docs/samples/xsp/esql.xsp: changed <esql:query> and <esql:get-string
column=""> to values appropriate to the 'gesupply' database.

Results:

... upon accessing the ESQL sample page, I get this error (shortend since
it is apparently fairly common):

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not get the datasource org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.NoAvailableConnectionException:
There are no connections in the pool, check your settings.

Question:

  What did I forget?  I got this to work (modifying esql example to work
with a postgresql database) where I work, but I need to be able to set it
up at home as well....

I have the feeling I'm forgetting something very basic...but...well, I'm
tired.

TIA,
-Tom