cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Peng, Meimin" <mp...@atxtelematics.com>
Subject newbie help in classpath
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 23:15:36 GMT
Hi,
I am newbie for cocoon. got stuck somewhere and couldn't make cocoon work.
Please help.
I download both cocoon-2.0.2-src.zip and cocoon-2.0-bin.zip.
follow the http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html try to make
cocoon work.
The sys env I have is: jdk1.3.1; tomcat3.2
First, I try to use cocoon-2.0.2-src to install concoon. But, I couldn't
find the cocoon.war file under
cocoon/build/cocoon/ directory. The solution I have is I copy the cocoon.war
from binary code and deploy it in the tomcat
directory.
This is error message I got when I run http://localhost:8080/cocoon/ (the
currently app I have in tomcat are still running correctly)

Cocoon 2 - Internal server error
----
type fatal
message SAX2 driver class org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found
description java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

It seems like I didn't set the correct classpth.
Here is the setting: java_home is c:\jdk1.3.1; tomcat_home is
c:\jakarta-tomcat
System variable is:
.;C:\jdk1.3.1\lib\tools.jar;C:\SQLLIB\java\db2java.zip;C:\SQLLIB\java\runtim
e.zip;C:\SQLLIB\java\sqlj.zip;C:\SQLLIB\bin

Second, I try to use binary code to build cocoon.war file
I use this command "\build.bat -Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp"
It told me that I need to recompile with -deprecation and build failed. The
API is too old.
What can I do to create a new war file in cocoon??

any ideas?? Thank a million.
--Zoe

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information in this e-mail is privileged and
confidential.  Any use, copying or dissemination of any portion of this
e-mail by or to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply to sender and delete
it from your system immediately.