cocoon-users mailing list archives

From OG ...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject Re[2]: No valid JdbcConnection for MySQL
Date Fri, 08 Mar 2002 15:49:00 GMT

Friday, March 8, 2002, 3:33:06 AM, Richard wrote:

> I also had a problem with MySQL. This is how I solved it:
> (Tomcat 4.0.1   JDK 1.3.1_02  Cocoon 2.0.2-dev)
> Download a mm.mysql-bin-xxx.jar.Put mm.mysql-bin-xxx.jar in the lib/optional
> directory of a CVS HEAD, change the database.properties file to reflect your
> settings and rebuild.

As far as I can see this file, database.properties, is only used to
create an entry in new build's cocoon.xconf, which I already have
done manually. Also the jdbc .jar file - I have it already in ...jre/lib/ext so
it is available.

> Now it's configured for your database, you only need to remove all
> references to the hsqldb-server from the cocoon.xconf file.

> I hope this will help you....

> Richard Korthuis

Thanks Richard, but looks like my problem is still there.

I tried to check the inner workings on Avalon/Cocoon, but
unfortunately the latest version of avalon-excalibur does not work
(logkit issues) with Cocoon. And the 4.1 version does not compile correctly on my
machine :( I guess I will have to endeavor into making it
compile.

--
Best regards,
OG