cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject RE: i18n questions
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:40:44 GMT
Hi

From: M. Reck [mailto:3reck@informatik.uni-hamburg.de]
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 12:29 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: i18n questions

Hi all,

I am trying to develop a multilingual site by use of the i18n-Transformer.

But some questions arise:

1. Is it possible to have the translations for all languages in the same one
file? I mean one file per site.
[KP] No, AFAIR, translations catalog follows Resource bundle logic, when you
have separate file for every locale.

2. Where do I have to put the dictionary and how do I call it from the
xml-file resp. xsl-file?
[KP] See i18n sample from Cocoon. You'll find all necessary configuration
hints in the root sitemap and the sub-sitemap from the sample.

3. Why is there no dictionary.xml file in the i18n sample, but instead
messages(_locale).xml files whose contents is quite different from the
example for the dictionary entry in the documentation of the i18n
transformer?
[KP] Dictionary handling were changed before the first release. Docs are out
of date (there were a newer version, but for some reason it didn't reach
Cocoon's CVS) and I'll try to update them.

--
Konstantin

P.S. Please, use plain text format for your emails.

Any help is very much appreciated!

Martina