cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KPiroum...@flagship.ru>
Subject RE: i18 support for dynamic pages.
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:01:12 GMT
You can setup 3 different serializers one for every encoding and then use a
selector in sitemap to choose the needed one.
--
Konstantin Piroumian
kpiroumian@flagship.ru

-----Original Message-----
From: Arun.N [mailto:arun.n@eximsoft.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 7:15 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: i18 support for dynamic pages.

Hi All,
            I have doubt before i start something with i18 support provided
by cocoon.
We have a site up and running in Japanese language, for that i have set
encoding to SJIS in the serializers.

Now there is a need for support Korean language and English. My problem is
most of the stuff in the pages are not static contents.
I read xml string from a socket and then append to the XSP page using
<util:include-expr><util:expr><xsp:expr>message</xsp:expr></util:expr></util
:include-expr>

Now the xml string i read from socket will be of any of 3 character
encoding.
If i just append like this will it work? I had problems displaying SJIS so
i added <encoding>SJIS</encoding> in the serialize...

Now how should my serializers know using which encoding it has to handle ???
Is there any work around, or is it quite easy to achieve so that i can spend
time on this or search for some alternatives ??

Any kind of comments and suggestions are welcome.

regards,
Arun.N