cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XHTML DOCTYPE - "HTML" vs. "html"
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 11:08:34 GMT
From: <stefan.tilkov@innoq.com>

> Cocoon (or rather, the XML Serializer in Xerces, if I understand the
> interdependencies correctly) always emits a doctype declaration
> likes this:
>
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
> "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>
> while the W3C validator insists on having one like this:

> "DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>
> i.e., "html" in lower case.

Is the main tag in your document "HTML" or "html" ?

In xhtml "HTML" is not valid:

<ref uri="http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#diffs">
XHTML documents must use lower case for all HTML element and attribute
names. This difference is necessary because XML is case-sensitive e.g. <li>
and <LI> are different tags.
</ref>

            - verba volant, scripta manent -