cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [Newbie] Where do cocoon apps go?
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 02:56:39 GMT
Give some more attention to the
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing/index.html, "Adding optional
components". When reading it, bear in mind that steps to add could be
applied (in reverse) if you want to remove components/libs. Once you
customized your libs, do "build clean" and "build
-Dinclude.webapp.libs=yes webapp" to build customized to your needs
Cocoon version. After that, edit sitemap.xmap, cocoon.xconf, web.xml
(yes, you can edit it too!), add/remove XML/XSLT/SQL/etc files, and
run/debug it till you get what you need. When finished - rename
resulting cocoon.war to whatever you want and ship it! This is your app
now, built with Cocoon.

Vadim

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric de Groot [mailto:eric@ericdegroot.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2002 9:33 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: [Newbie] Where do cocoon apps go?

I read all the articles and tutorials with the cocoon documentation, but
I cannot find any information telling me how to actually let an app use
cocoon.  Does the app need to be in a sub-directory of /webapps/cocoon/
, without it’s own web.xml, etc..?  How can I have my application
/webapps/myapp/ use cocoon?  Do I need to route everything through
Cocoon2 in my web.xml?  How will cocoon know where my sitemap is?  Is
there any documentation that details how to create a cocoon application
from scratch?  The tutorial says we need a sitemap, this code, this sql,
etc.., but doesn’t explain where any of it goes.  Any help to get me
started would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-Eric de Groot