cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: HOWTO: jdk1.4
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 21:41:56 GMT
I have seen something like this. Follow "[SOLUTION] Cocoon with the
Tomcat 4.0.3", this should fix this classcastexception.

Vadim

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Schwartz [mailto:rschwart@earthlink.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 4:24 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: HOWTO: jdk1.4

I'm running JBoss 2.4.4 with embedded Tomcat 4.0.1 on W2K. Using today's
snapshot I followed your instructions, however I re-built the
"cocoon.war" replacing the javac.jar with tools.jar since JBoss deploys
and destroys the "war" in a tmp directory. In any case, when I start
JBoss (and Catalina) I get the following output from the startup output.
I also followed tried the install instructions regarding JBoss 2.4.4 and
Tomcat 4.0.1, but I get the same problem.

In any case, I am able to bring up the welcome page with
"http://localhost:8080/cocoon", however I'm not sure if everything is
running as it should.
Anyone know what this means?

Thanks,
Rick

[INFO,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardWrapper[/cocoon:invoker]:

[INFO,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] invoker: init
[INFO,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] jsp: init
[ERROR,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] StandardContext[/cocoon]: Servlet
/cocoon threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet.init() for servlet jsp threw
exception
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:871)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
ava:3267)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3384
)
<snip>

[ERROR,EmbeddedCatalinaServiceSX] ----- Root Cause -----
java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
        at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.jasper.parser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:1
83)
        at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processWebDotXml(TldLocatio
nsCache.java:165)
<snip>