cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Nicola Ken Barozzi" <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: Compression in HTML Serializer ?
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:04:50 GMT
From: "Luca Morandini" <luca.morandini1@tin.it>

> Nicola,
>
> which Tomcat filter does it ? Could you point me to the relevant doc ?

Look in the Tomcat docs, it should be there.

> Moreover, could it make sense to use this filter and bypass the web-server
> completely, even for static contents ?

It depends (and Tomcat *is* a web server). If you are using Tomcat+Cocoon,
it makes sense to make Tomcat filter what Cocoon does. But sometimes it's
better to have Apache send static content, and this means that Apache should
do it.
Anyway, some tests showed that Apache+Tomcat+Cocoon can be slower than
Tomcat+Cocoon alone.
It all depends on your static-dynamic mix.

The best thing to do is try both configs and decide :-)

Ciao

            - verba volant, scripta manent -