cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "sandhu@terra-firma" <san...@apparelxml.net>
Subject Re: Include Pipeline output in XSP.
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 17:32:27 GMT
Dear Roman,

Were u able to give pipeline as src to serverpages generator ?

I am still struggling for this to work -

What I now see :

1. If I give cocoon pipeline  as a serverpages generator source  -

<map:generate type="serverpages"
src="cocoon:/shxmldb/docs/addressbook/?xpath=style" />

where the src above is a working Xindice pipeline with xml serializer :
Result : I get the <dependency> tag  and nothing else.

This is because output from the Xindice pipeline's XML serializer the tags
are in one line w/o any whitespaces as below :
( i see in 'view source' )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsp:page xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp"
language="java"><showroom><test1><style
xmlns:collection="http://apache.org/cocoon/xmldb/1.0"
xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query"
src:col="/db/addressbook" src:key="1002.xml">

I saved the output from Xindice pipeline, placed
<xsp:page>,<showroom>,<test1> &<style> on different lines
and it worked perfect.

I tried other XML-outputting pipelines feeding serverpages generator - same
<dependency> result.

So, what i can see is XMLSerializer seems to ALWAYS output multiple tags w/o
breaks and
ServerPagesGenerator cannot accept this  XML . Is this a bug or has anyone
fed a pipeline o/p
to a serverpages generator .

Any hints
Hope above clear ,