cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: Urgent: Execution of pipeline at startup
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 00:49:45 GMT
Your component can implement:
 - ThreadSafe
 - Runnable
 - Startable
 - Stoppable
 - Configurable
 - Parameterizable
 - ...

Read "Developing with Avalon" on the jakarta.apache.org/Avalon for more
info. See also comments in these interfaces.

Then, you will have methods:
 - run()
 - start()
 - stop()
 - configure()
 - parameterize()

Your component should be declared in the cocoon.xconf. Declaration could
look like:

<component role="com.mycompany.myproject.MyComponent"
class="com.mycompany.myproject.MyComponentImpl">

  <!-- for parameterizable: -->
  <parameter name="param" value="value"/>

</component>

PS If you need logger, it is good idea to extend from AbstractLoggable.

Vadim