cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Volker Schneider" <volker.schnei...@danet.de>
Subject RE: help on jvm_bind error
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 09:05:34 GMT
Hi Marco,

I have the same with Cocoon 2.0.1 an WebSphere 4.0.1 and Tomcat 4.0.3. Maybe
the reason is, that after stopping cocoon TCP does not not free the port
immediately but in a few minutes. If you wait a few minutes before you
restart cocoon this does not happen. But I don't know how to fix this.

- Volker -

-----Original Message-----
From: marco [mailto:marcowcl@hotmail.com]
Sent: Montag, 18. Marz 2002 03:45
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: help on jvm_bind error

I am using cocoon 2.00, jdk1.3.1_01, tomcat4.0.1 in Windows 98. The cocoon
was looking good.

Yesterday, I updated the JVIEW version to 5.00.3805 by downloading the exe
file from http://www.microsoft.com/java/vm/dl_vm40.htm, because of the
security news
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/
bulletin/ms02-013.asp . After that, the comcat and cocoon was started with
no problem, but once I use a browser to request a cocoon page, then the
following error message was displayed on the tomcat command prompt.

Please help.

Server.run/init: java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
java.net.BindException: Address in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:405)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:170)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:82)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.run(Server.java:131)
        at org.hsqldb.Server.main(Server.java:78)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.run(ServerImpl.java:10
1)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)