cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Sean Griffin" <trenchgui...@yahoo.com>
Subject Problems getting Cocoon 2.0.2 to run
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 23:25:14 GMT
After hours of trying many different things trying to get Cocoon to run, both from the command-line
and through Tomcat, I continue to trace things back to compiling the sitemap.  I know that
the FAQ says something about Cocoon taking a long time to start and the build.bat file echos
that compiling the sitemap may take a long time, but how long is long?  I let it compile overnight
(7 hours at 1GHz) and it still wasn't done in the morning.  I'm using JDK 1.4 on WinXP.  I
tried taking the last release version (Cocoon 2.0.1) but I had some sort of incompatibility
issues with JRE1.4.  It said that Cocoon wasn't recent enough to understand the class version
48.0.  Anyway, is it usual to take this long or is it caught in an infinite loop.  It sure
seems to be the latter.

Thanks for any help.
Sean