cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Kevin.R...@bredex.com
Subject Re: How To Mount My WebApp (powered by cocoon)
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:46:56 GMT

Hello Andreas,  I don't think I communicated what I want to do very
effectively.

If I set a new Context in tomcat, that just sets up an alias/file mapping
(no knowlege of my classes, jars, and other resources)...I want to deploy
multiple application WAR files (without cocoon.war/jars inside) and deploy
one instance of cocoon(war) to support them all.

Do I need to configure the dependency in web.xml?  Anyone have any
references they can point me to?  This is common right?

Thanks,

Kevin

                    "Andreas

                    Hartmann"            To:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    <t-rex@dinobas       cc:

                    e.de>                Subject:     Re: How To Mount My WebApp (powered
by cocoon)

                    02/25/2002

                    04:06 PM

                    Please respond

                    cocoon-users

Two additions ...

On 25.02.2002 at 22:47 Andreas Hartmann wrote:

>On 25.02.2002 at 15:20 Kevin.Ross@bredex.com wrote:
>
>>Can someone point me to a document describing how to mount my own WebApps
>>(powered by cocoon).  I want to deploy several, but not under the cocoon
>>heirarchy.
>>

>Just add a context entry to your tomcat/server.xml file:
It's located at (tomcat-path)/conf/server.xml.

>        <!-- Intranet Context -->
>        <Context path="/intranet" docBase="/intranet" debug="0"
>                 reloadable="true" crossContext="true"/>

path="/intranet" means: every URI starting with /intranet
(e.g., http://localhost:8080/intranet/index.html is mapped to the Intranet
WebApp.

docBase="/intranet" points to the file system path.

Greetings,
Andreas