cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Erik Stunkat" <Erik.Stun...@poet.de>
Subject Re: writing xml to file
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:22:52 GMT

Hi Bert,

I´m really interested in editing xml files in a browser - I tried to use
Chiba for that but I couldn´t get it in the way I want it.

Why not use XSL and fp:write: to write XML docs? I´m not sure whether it
works with Cocoon 2

cu

erik

                    Bert Van Kets

                    <bert@visitron       To:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    ics.be>              cc:

                                         Subject:     writing xml to file

                    02/14/2002

                    10:54 AM

                    Please respond

                    cocoon-users

I have built a system where I can edit the content of an xml file in a
browser by using html forms.  Comparing the request object with the
original XML (by use of ID's and aggregation) lets me contruct the updated
xml file with the original structure.
I would like to write this file to disk, well actually overwrite the
original xml file.
How do I go about this in Cocoon?
Thanks,
Bert