cocoon-users mailing list archives

From C├ędric Damioli <cedric.dami...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: RequestGenerator for "non-data" pipelines (was: read/write DOM Session)
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:32:26 GMT
I can add an exemple for "non-data" pipelines, based on the DOM sessions
I was working on :

<map:match pattern="some_pattern">
  <map:generate type="readDOMGenerator">
    <map:parameter name="some_param" value="some_value"/>
  </map:generate>
  <map:transform .../>
  <map:transform type="writeDOMsession">
    <map:parameter .../>
  </map:transform>
  <map:transform .../>
  <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

In this typical exemple, your pipeline read current data from session,
process some stuff, and then save it to session before eventually
display any result.
The writeDOMsession already exists, as does a readDOMsession which is a
Transformer able to add the stored data at any point of your current
pipeline.
I'v also written a very simple readDOMGenerator to be able to begin a
pipeline with only the stored data.
I've sent this Generator to a Cocoon Committer. He'll decide if it's
useful or not.

Hope this helps.

Cedric