cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bud Gibson <fpgib...@umich.edu>
Subject XSP not working at all with Cocoon 2.01
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:12:10 GMT
Hi:

I seem to be having a problem with cocoon, and there is currently no
FAQ, so here goes.  I list my environment first, and then get to
specific issues.

I am running the following

Tomcat 4.02
Sun JDK 1.3.1_02
no externally set classpath variable
Redhat 6.2 with kernel 2.2.19 (? unsure about kernel, but that is close)
Cocoon 2.01
1 GB RAM
2 700 MHz Pentium III

Two issues:

1.  To get cocoon to work at all, I seem to need to have the xerces,
xml-apis, and batik jars in both the $TOMCAT/lib directory and the
cocoon WEB-INF/lib directory.  This is a bit contrary to the
installation instructions.  The problem seems to occur when cocoon is
trying to compile the sitemap.  It cannot find the classes in those jars
unless they are in the $TOMCAT/lib directory.  Later, if I try to access
the tutorials or doc, it seems to require that at least the batik jar be
in the cocoon WEB-INF/lib directory.

2.  Now started, cocoon simply seems to stall whenever I try to access
an XSP page or use SOAP.  The static examples seem to work as do the
screencraping examples. The only error message I get in the error log is:

> ERROR   (2002-02-25) 14:13.48:366   [sitemap.generator.velocity]
> (/cocoon/) HttpProcessor[8980][0]/VelocityGenerator: ResourceManager :
> unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource loader.
> ERROR   (2002-02-25) 14:13.48:448   [sitemap.generator.velocity]
> (/cocoon/) HttpProcessor[8980][0]/VelocityGenerator: ResourceManager :
> unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in any resource loader.

Any help appreciated,
Bud