cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Rossel <olivier.ros...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic (Session) XML --> XSP --> XSL
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:59:01 GMT
Jegadish wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a serious problem,Which I don't know how to solve.Please help
> me to solve this problem.
> I have a Xml string (A) put in session by a servlet and a Xsp is
> called.( without any XML file pre-existing )
>

> eg: (A)
>

>     <ARCHIVES >
>         <MESSAGES>
>             <STARTMSGNO>1</ STARTMSGNO>
>             <ENDMSGNO>10</ ENDMSGNO>
>             <MOREMSGS>FALSE</ MOREMSGS>
>         </MESSAGES>
>     </ARCHIVES>
>

> The Xsp  pulls out the string (A) from session
>
> and it's ARCHIVES \MESSAGES\ MOREMSGS value is changed to TRUE .
> How can I call a Xsl to render the Xml (A) being modified in the Xsp.
> Thankz for any help
> Jegadish.P

I am not sure to understand really your problem.
You are in the classic process of XSP generation + XSL transformation +
HTML (or whatever) serialization.
You should describe a pipeline in your sitemap.xconf that matches the
URL that ends with the name of your xsp, and
describe which XSL is supposed to be used, and which serializer is launched.

I sent a previous message about the general philosophy of sitemaps:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101431445503415&w=2