cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Roger Hyam <ro...@calligrafix.com>
Subject Pseudo protocols and Actions?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:58:15 GMT
Hi All,

I have a problem with passing the parameter file into the DatabaseAddAction.

I am working in a sub-site that is in the "inventory" directory and the
following works fine:

<map:act type="dbAdd">
    <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="file://c:/dev/inventory/config/tables/inventory-map.xml"/>
</map:act>

but this does not:

<map:act type="dbAdd">
    <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="cocoon:/config/tables/inventory-map.xml"/>
</map:act>

Although I believe cocoon:/ is a relative pointer.

I have also tried context:// - which is the context from cocoon home so
doesn't work for the subsite.

The trouble is that I don't want to have to pass a absolute path to the
action for two reasons:

1) It is nasty as it means the sub-site has to know where it lives.

2) Far more importantly - I want to dynamically generate the
configuration file from a pipeline.

If I put these two matchers in and then call either the first of the
second one then I get the xml delivered to the browser yet if I put
cocoon:/summit.xml as the location of the config file for the action
above then I get errors. ( I have also tried removing the serializer).

            <map:match pattern="summit.xml">
                <map:generate src="config/tables/inventory-map.xml"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

            <map:match pattern="include.xml">
                <map:generate src="cocoon:/summit.xml"/>
                <map:serialize type="xml"/>
            </map:match>

Can anyone see what I am doing that is dumb?

I would much appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Roger