cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hargreaves <...@totalise.co.uk>
Subject [C2] Performance Tuning - pool-max, pool-min and pool-grow
Date Sun, 10 Feb 2002 21:17:03 GMT
Hi Folks,

I've read so much documentation and so many listings - and I'm confused! Could
someone help clarify please?

Can I apply these setting to all components (in cocoon.xconf and sitemap.xmap)
or should they only be applied to some components - if so which ones.

Is this the correct way to minimise the memory used by component instances:

pool-max=1, pool-min=1, pool-grow=1

Is there a way to see how much memory is used by these settings? They don't seem
to be visible on the status page.

Any advice or clarification very welcome.

Thanks,
Peter.

<MySystem> Gateway G6-350 (392,612k RAM), NT4.0sp6, jdk-1.3.1, tomcat-4.0.1,
cocoon2.0.2-dev, NS Nav 4.7, NS 6.1, IE 5.0</MySystem>