cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: Passing a '+' in a request parameter?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:03:16 GMT
On Monday 25 February 2002 08:33, Derek Hohls wrote:
>. . .
> I need to pass the field data in a request parameter BUT I have
> noticed problems when
> one of the fields contains a '+'.  In other words, an attempt request
> such as:
>
> ?value1=ab+cd&value2=xyz
>
> is shown as
>
> ?value1=ab+cd
>
> and do loses the the second value because the '+' seems to be acting
> as a separator of sorts...

Funny, AFAIK '+' in an URL is the escape sequence for a space, so

?value1=ab+cd&value2=xyz

should translate to
value1="ab cd"
value2="xyz"

But anyway, if you're building an URL yourself to pass request values,
you should URLencode these values, using for example the
java.net.URLEncoder class.

-Bertrand