cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon, XForms, ExFormula,, Struts, etc
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:19:29 GMT
On 12.Feb.2002 -- 11:48 PM, Ivanov, Ivelin wrote:
> Does Cocoon 2 have a mechanism for achieving automatic Form population and
> validation, similar to Struts ?

I don't know Struts, so I can't compare the two. Anyway:
Validation, yes. There's a FormValidatorAction that should be
sufficient for many (far from all!) purposes. Form population, I'd say, is
not really supported. Although there are mechanisms that help a lot.

> I've noticed that in the project archive XForms and ExFormula have been
> discussed on a number of ocasions, but they've been integrated in C2. Am I
> wrong?

Unfortunately, yes, you're wrong. Both projects never took off because
of lack of developer resources. Some ideas have made it in some way or
another into Cocoon, however.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l