cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: XSP not working at all with Cocoon 2.01
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:09:04 GMT
> From: Bud Gibson [mailto:fpgibson@umich.edu]
>
> Well, after reading your helpful note, I did manage to locate an
archive.
> After using a text editor to search it,

:)

Try http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users
I found this site very useful.

> I found something about tomcat
> 4.02, but it was inconclusive as to what to do.
>
> Perhaps there should be a little note under installation concerning
> tomcat 4.0.2 since it has been out for a while now, and the problem
seems
> general.  I have seen two posts on the issues I mentioned just today.

Cocoon release file is updated at the time of ...hm... release. So only
Cocoon 2.0.2 could get any installation note about 4.0.2 issue.

> Given my configuration, it was not obvious that tomcat 4.02 would be
the
> problem, and the current installation direction suggests Tomcat 4.X is
the
> easiest installation.

Since some 4.0 beta till 4.0.1 - yes, the easiest.

> I think people look for the archives but cannot find them.

Try URL above.

> It might help to
> place URLs directly to them under the signup.  What about using cocoon
as a
> front-end to the current archive, such as it is.

I think the xml-forrest project will have this functionality.

Vadim

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Have you seen *lots* of messages on this list recently saying that it
is
> >better to stay with Tomcat 4.0.1 for a moment and that Cocoon does
not
> >work with Tomcat 4.0.2? If no, take a look at the archive. Search
string
> >'4.0.2' and '4.02' should give lots of results.
> >
> >Also search archive for a solution for this problem (however, I can
not
> >recall that message with the solution. May be it is not discovered
yet).

> >Regarding installation instructions: docs were written before Tomcat
> >4.0.2 was born, so you should take this into account.
> >
> >Regards,
> >Vadim

ResourceManager