cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Ruud Diterwich" <rditerw...@cedron.com>
Subject Re: Processing XSL dynamically created with XSLT
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 08:43:23 GMT
> Hi from a cocoon-users newbie --
>
> Is it possible to use Cocoon to generate an XSL stylesheet with an
XSLT
> (not XSP), and reapply this dynamically generated stylesheet to the
> source document?
>
> I'm not talking about normal stylesheet chaining; in this case, the
> second stylesheet would be a "virtual," dynamically generated one, and

> not one residing statically in a file.

I'm trying to do a similar thing. Generating the stylesheet works, by
using xsl:element.

<xsl:template match="/">
            <xsl:element name="xsl:stylesheet">

                        <xsl:attribute
name="xmlns:xsl">http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform</xsl:attribute>
                        <xsl:attribute
name="version">1.0</xsl:attribute>
                        .

However, when I use it in the sitemap, I can't get it to be processed
automatically. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. These are the
relevant entries in my sitemap:

    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="generated_stylesheet">
        <map:generate src="stylesheet_source.xml" type="file"/>
        <map:transform src="generate_stylesheet.xsl"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

    <map:pipeline>
      <map:match pattern="test">
        <map:generate src="source.xml" type="file"/>
        <map:transform src="cocoon:/generated_stylesheet" type="xslt"/>
        <map:serialize type="xml"/>
      </map:match>
    </map:pipeline>

Any ideas?