cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mike Ahlers" <m...@ambrea.com>
Subject Sitemap question
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 13:48:39 GMT
Hi,

I have a question: is there a specific sitemap instruction that applies a logicsheet to an
xsp file? Say,
    <map:transform type="xsp" src="somelogicsheet.xsl">
??

Given two examples:

<map:match pattern ="somepage.xml">
    <map:generate type="serverpages" src="somepage.xsp">
    <map:transform type="xslt" src="somepage.xsl">
    <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

This example works as standard, given, there is a <xsp:page> </xsp:page> -pair
wrapping the somepage.xml. The logicsheet would be applied, producing a xsp page
and then the regular xsp generation can occur.

Now, given this situation:

<map:match pattern="somesite/doregister.xml">
    <map:act type="register-validate">
        <map:generate type="serverpages" src="somesite/xsp/{next}.xsp"/>
        <map:transform type="xslt" src="somesite/stylesheet/stylesheet.xsl"/>
    </map:act>
     <map:serialize/>
 </map:match>

In this example, the actual doregister.xml doesn't exist. It is merely called by a POST reuqest.
The action that follows performs some checking and adds a user-defined class object in the
request. And, based on the validation, I decide to proceed or not, i.e. producing some 'welcome-login'
page or, error page, by setting the {next} value.

Now, if I want to apply a logicsheet to these {next}.xsp files. Where do I do this? I can't
do it in doregister.xml because that is non-existant. I cannot use redirects, because I want
to keep the original request intact (I add objects). An exit view?

Does this approach/design have a flaw in regard to what I want to accomplish (session-management
is next thing to add)?

Thanks in advance,
Mike Ahlers