cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Valentin.Chart...@Spatial.com
Subject Re: esql Vs SQLTransformer
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:23:09 GMT

> It's quite the same. With esql you do a generate with type=serverpages
> but need no transformer. It's XSP.
I want to design html pages, with some tags embedded that would be
processed by cocoon.
I do not think that a html page can be seen as a XSP.
Did I miss the point with XSP ?

> BTW: there is only a HTML serializer, no HTML generator.
See : http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/generators/html-generator.html
It turns html into xhtml that cocoon is able to process...

Valentin

                    Torsten Curdt

                    <tcurdt@dff.s        To:     <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>

                    t>                   cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: esql Vs SQLTransformer

                    01/21/2002

                    01:54 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    cocoon-users

> I also share your impression that the SQL transformer is better : I would
> like to start using cocoon by processing my html pages (designed with an
> html editor like Dreamweaver) with cocoon to replace some tags of my own
> with the result of database queries. It seems I could use the SQL
> transformer after the HTML generator. But I can not see how I could use
the
> esql logicsheet to do the same.

It's quite the same. With esql you do a generate with type=serverpages
but need no transformer. It's XSP.

BTW: there is only a HTML serializer, no HTML generator.

> I think that I read somewhere (although I am not able to  find it again)
> that the SQL transformer was deprecated.

I general: the sql transformer was 2nd choice when we got the esql
logicsheet. Esql commes with much more features than the sql transformer.

But you need to use XSP then.
--
Torsten