cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Christopher Painter-Wakefield" <paint...@mc.duke.edu>
Subject Re: JConnect / Sybase + Cocoon
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:43:24 GMT

Have you set up your Sybase for JDBC?  We were having similar problems
until we had our DBA run a script (provided with jConnect in the "sp"
subdirectory) to set up a bunch of stored procedures that jConnect needs.
See
http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-jc/jcg0520e/jconnig/@Generic__BookView

under "Installation Instructions" and then under "Installing Stored
Procedures".

If that isn't the issue, then it sounds like you have some code that is
setting autocommit to false, modifying data, then failing to issue a
"commit".  This leaves your transaction pending, and you can see why they
wouldn't want you changing the autocommit setting until the transaction is
done.

-Christopher

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

cc:

Subject:  JConnect / Sybase + Cocoon

Hi all,
I am having trouble on cocoon2 with the connection pool. It seems that
sybase doesn't allow to change the connection mode ( ie: setAutoCommit() )
after a chained transaction has taken place ( a transaction with the
autocommit to false ). Is there a fix for Avalon or some parameters i am
missing ?

            Thanks in advance,

Christophe Rykiel
C.T.O