cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Araya <car...@cvc.edu>
Subject Re: fonts in FOP
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:26:02 GMT
Look at the FOP website (http://xml.apache.org/fop/). They talk there about
how to add fonts to FOP and the process that you need to follow... The fact
that the font is in the system doesn't necessarily mean that the font is
available to FOP

Carlos

On 01/28/02 22:57, "Satish_Gunda" <Satish_Gunda@satyam.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking at using FOP to generate pdfs. We need to use OCR-B-1 font
> though. This is a mandatory requirement.
>
> I was wondering if it is essential to embed fonts or is there a way to tell
> FOP to generate pdf in such a way that the font is just referenced (without
> embedding) and the font will be used from the rendering m/c. This is
> possible in Acrobat Distiller.
>
> Right now, when I specify this font name in the XSL:FO (in the
> default behavior of FOP is to embed the fonts.
>
> Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or
> distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
> STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
> the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard
> is appreciated.

Carlos E. Araya
---+ WebCT Administrator/Trainer
 P | California Virtual Campus
 - | C/O De Anza College
 G | 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd
---+ Cupertino, CA 95014

email               carlos@cvc.edu
web                 http://www.cvc1.org/ (work)
                    http://www.silverwolf-net.net (personal)
phone               408 257 0420 (work)
PGP Fingerprint:    E629 5DFD 7EAE 4995 E9D7  3D2F 5A9F 0CE7 DFE7 1756

80/20 Rule: Simplicity vs. complexity. 80 percent of the
functionality/feature set of an "ideal" solution set, with only 20 percent
of the complexity of the ideal solution or 20 percent of the effort required
to build the ideal solution; or put another way, the last 20 percent of the
"ideal" feature set is what creates the most complexity