cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anthony Diodato <adiod...@p21.com>
Subject RE: localhost:8080 >> to computer name???
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 20:20:45 GMT
What Im trying to do is this.

If I go to the examples that come with Tomcat, I can get to them fine
without specifying a port, (i.e
http://computername.hostname.com/examples/jsp/index.jsp ) This is not a
problem...

but...

If I want to hit one of my own .xml pages I cant do so without specifically
telling it to use port 8080.
(i.e http://computername.hostname.com/index.xml doesn't work, but
http://computername.hostname.com:8080/index.xml does )
So how can I configure Tomcat to send my .xml pages properly.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Gapinski, Gary (GEL, MSX) [mailto:Gary.Gapinski@lighting.ge.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 2:57 PM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: localhost:8080 >> to computer name???

Only when I wish a port other than (the default) 80.

Assuming that "localhost" and "computer.hostname.com" resolve to the same
system, it will be necessary to

1) configure Tomcat to listen on port 80 - it appears to be at 8080

or

2) if there is something else listening on port 80, such as Apache, remove
it and do (1) above

or

3) configure whatever is at port 80 to forward requests for /index.html (or
even /<anything>, though this seems to obviate the need for Apache) to
Tomcat.

This can be done with Apache by using

    ProxyPass		/tomcat http://localhost:8080/
    ProxyPassReverse	/tomcat http://localhost:8080/